Baby Spinach Salad with Shrimp
Succulent grilled shrimp and baby spinach served with a creamy sesame dressing.
- 12 jumbo shrimp, deveined in shell, raw
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ⅓ teaspoon course salt
- ⅓ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups baby spinach
- ⅓ cup Spanish onion, sliced
- ⅓ cup red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ cup Wafu® Original Sesame Japanese Dressing
- Preheat grill.
- Butterfly the shrimp by making a slice lengthwise down the shrimp. Do not remove the shell.
- In a bowl, toss the shrimp with the oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place shrimp on hot grill and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Remove shrimp when the shell is pink and the shrimp is opaque. Place on a plate and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the baby spinach, onion and red pepper. Divide the salad mixture amongst four plates. Top each plate with 3 shrimp.
- Serve with Wafu® Original Sesame Japanese Dressing.
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
COOKING TIME: 5 minutes
For a gluten-free version of this recipe replace with our gluten-free Natural Wafu® Roasted Sesame Dressing.