Wafu® Caesar Salad
A Japanese-style variation to the traditional Caesar salad that is both quick and easy.
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, trimmed, washed, dried, and torn into bits
- 1 baguette, dry (at least one day old)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Wafu® Original Sesame Japanese Dressing
- To make croutons, cut bread into even cubes. Place the cubes on a baking sheet and place in warm oven for 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in a sauté pan on medium heat. Add croutons and spread them out so that they are coated with butter. Let brown on one side, then stir and turn over to brown all sides. Once toasted, remove from heat and let cool.
- Place lettuce in a salad bowl.
- Toss in croutons.
- Mix in chilled Wafu® Original Sesame Japanese Dressing.
- Top with Parmesan.
- Toss and serve immediately.
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOKING TIME: 15 (croutons)
Croutons can be made in advance, cooled and stored in an airtight container.