Ginger Carrot Pan Fried Scallops
A seafood delight that makes a great appetizer or a light lunch.
- 12 large sea scallops (about 1½ lbs)
- ¼ stick butter
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh ginger root, finely chopped
- Granulated sea salt or kosher salt to taste
- Wafu® Ginger Carrot Japanese Dressing
- Chopped parsley and paprika for garnish
- Wash sea scallops and pat dry.
- Heat frying pan and melt butter with olive oil over medium heat. Sauté ginger and garlic, but do not brown.
- Add scallops and sauté for 3-4 minutes until slightly brown on each side.
- Add small amount of fish stock (or chicken stock) as needed and add salt to taste.
- Remove scallops and arrange on serving dish. Dress scallops very lightly with Wafu® Ginger Carrot Japanese Dressing.
- Sprinkle with parsley and paprika.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes